Beef tartare must be one of the best ways to serve any quality cut of beef. The idea of raw meat may be a little off putting for some people, but it is truly delicious and well worth a try. It is important to serve freshly made and while cold, with a raw egg yolk on top.Method
- Remove all fat from the meat and cut into pieces then place in the food processor and
pulse until the meat is chopped finely. You can do this by hand with a sharp knife.
- Put the meat into a bowl. Add shallots, capers, cornichons, parsley, olive oil, tabasco,
salt & pepper.
- Mix lightly with 2 forks then spoon the meat mixture into two shallow
bowls, then flip onto 2 chilled plates.
- Make a small indent on top and nestle egg yolk (in the eggshell) in.
- Garnish and serve with toasted and buttered bread.