Slow cooker beef casserole is a perfect family dinner. Dark beer gives a deep nut-like flavour to the beef. Hearty and warming to come home to. Ready in 4 hours, but there is no harm if you leave it on for longer.Method
- Arrange the onions and garlic in the base of a slow cooker, and add the beef and herbs.
- Whisk together the beer, beef stock, cornflour, mustard and barbeque sauce.
- Pour the beer mix over the beef and cook on high for 2 hours (leave the slow cooker on ‘auto’ if leaving all day).
- Stir and cook for a further 2 hours or until tender and saucy. Don’t worry if you go over – just make sure you have enough liquid in the slow cooker.
- Serve the beef casserole on soft mashed potatoes accompanied by fresh seasonal vegetables.