- Place diced pineapple, olive oil, fish sauce, honey, chilli, lime zest and juice in a deep dish and mix to combine. Place butterflied lamb in and season with salt & black pepper. Set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a barbecue over medium-high heat. Drain lamb from marinade and cook lamb for 4-5 minutes each side or until charred. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for a further 15-20 minutes, turning and glazing with remaining marinade, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat, set aside on a plate covered loosely with foil and rest for 10 minutes.
- Barbecue the pineapple slices with a drizzle of oil for 2-3 minutes each side or until charred.
- Place kale salad mix in a large bowl, add coriander and dressing. Season and toss to coat.
- Slice lamb and serve with kale salad, pineapple, rice, extra chilli (optional), lime wedges and coriander sprigs.
Tip: Lamb shoulder or lamb leg (bone-in) would also work well in this recipe. Any leftover lamb can be used in a pita or wrap with salad for a delicious lunch.
1.2kg Pure South Butterflied Lamb Leg
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp fish sauce
4 tbsp honey
1 pineapple, ½ diced and ½ sliced in rounds
1 red chilli, chopped
Salt & pepper
190g kale salad with dressing
1/3 cup coriander, chopped
250g steamed brown rice, to serve