Good quality lamb racks coated in an irresistible blend of walnut, herbs and dijon mustard crust are perfect to serve for Christmas.Method
- Take the lamb out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature. Preheat the
oven to 180C.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper all over the lamb and sear in a hot frying pan on a
high heat with oil and butter for 2-3 minutes, turning with tongs until golden all
- Put the racks on a roasting tray and let cool.
- In a cordless blender, pulse walnuts, thyme, rosemary, garlic until well combined.
Add oil, season with coarse salt and cracked pepper. Mix well.
- Generously brush mustard all over lamb. Press walnut mixture onto mustard to
form a crust.
- Roast for 25 minutes, until the crust is crisp. Remove the lamb from the oven and
leave to rest for 10 minutes before serving with the roast baby carrots (optional).