- Turn your slow-cooker on high if using.
- With a sharp knife, make a few slits in the meat and place a halved garlic clove in each. Season with salt.
- Place your vegetables and rosemary into the slow cooker or Instant Pot and add the water.
- Add the rump. Place the lid on the slow cooker, turn the heat setting back to low and cook for 4-5 hours. If using the Instant Pot, set time for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Serve with blanched greens and creamy mashed spud, plus a reduction of the juices from the slow cooker pan (Take 1/2 cup of the juices, add a splash of red wine and bring to the boil in a small frypan, simmer a few minutes until thickened, add a dash of cream and season. Pour over and enjoy)
Tip: Always take your meat out of the fridge well before you are going to cook it, so it gets to room temperature. Resting post cooking is always favorable too.