Everyone loves these little meatballs coated in tomato basil sauce, stacked with crispy lettuce, gherkin, and cheese on a small piece of bread. Great for a family party.Method
- Mix well all the meatball ingredients (except oil and passata) in a bowl. Form 16 meatballs.
- Heat a little oil in a large fry-pan over medium heat. Fry meatballs until done turning often for 10 minutes. Pour over the passata and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the meatballs are well coated in the sauce.
- Place a piece of cheese on top of each meatball. Turn the heat off and place a lid over the top. The steam will melt the cheese nicely, and it should only take a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, make mayonnaise toasts.
- To assemble, place a piece of toast, top with avocado, lettuce, meatball, gherkin and basil.