Serve lamb chops straight from the barbecue with crisp, chilled iceberg lettuce wedges alongside a gorgeous homemade creamy avocado dressing. This dish will be the star of your next party.
Prep Time: 20 min + marinating
Cook Time: 15 min
- 8 Pure South lamb loin chops
- ½ onion, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- a dash of Avocado cooking oil
For the Avocado Dressing
- 1 ripe NZ avocado
- 2 tbsp Avocado & Garlic Oil
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp Greek Yoghurt
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped, optional
For the Iceberg salad
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, outer leaves removed
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- A handful of Herb chives
- 2 slices day-old ciabatta bread, cut into cubes
- Avocado & Garlic Oil
- Place lamb chops in a shallow ceramic dish with grated onion, garlic, zest and juice of lemon and a dash of avocado oil. Season and mix well to coat lamb chops in marinade, cover and leave for 20 minutes in a cool place.
- Make the Avocado dressing. Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Season and place in a small serving bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat a good splash of oil in a frying pan and toast the bread until golden. Drain the excess oil on the kitchen towel. Sprinkle with a little salt and set aside. Cut the iceberg lettuce into even-sized wedges and place on a serving platter. Scatter over spring onion and snip over plenty of chives. Scatter croutons over the top.
- Heat the barbecue grill until hot. Place on lamb chops and grill for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium cooked lamb. Serve with iceberg lettuce wedges and the avocado dressing.