Make your own burgers packed with high quality ingredients. Using chia seeds means you don’t need eggs or breadcrumbs as a binder. These burger patties are so dang delicious so we made a finger-licking bunless beef burger, full of umami halloumi and mushrooms, wrapped in sweet petite cos. These are a great option for gluten free burger lovers out there.Method
- For the burger patties: place all burger patty ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands or a spoon. Roll into balls, then place on a plate in the fridge for 20-30 mins.
- For the tzatziki: mix all tzatziki ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat barbeque on medium and drizzle with oil. Press refrigerated balls into patty shapes and barbeque until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side. Season and mushrooms until juicy and cooked, about 5 mins.
- Heat oil in a nonstick frying pan on barbeque element and cook halloumi for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden.
- To assemble: place a patty, halloumi piece and mushroom in a cos leaf. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Spoon tzatziki over and tuck in!