- In a large pot over medium heat, saute the onion, carrot and celery in the olive oil until the onions are translucent. Add the rosemary and sage. Add the sausage, pancetta, and beef mince. Cook until the juices run off, breaking apart with a fork.
- Add the wine and cook for a few minutes until slightly reduced. Add 1 cup of the beef stock, garlic, the bay leaf and black pepper.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 50 minutes, adding some more stock if needed along the way. Just before finishing cooking add the basil and mix through.
- Meanwhile, cook the penne according to the packet instructions to al dente.
- Mix through some of the ragu sauce with pasta. Place in individual serving bowls, top with more white ragu, blanched asparagus and parmesan cheese. Bon Appetit!
400g Pure South Premium Beef Mince
100g pork sausage, skin removed
50g pancetta or bacon, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup sauvignon blanc
1 sprig rosemary, leaves chopped
A handful of sage, leaves chopped
1 bay leaf
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 cup beef stock + ½ cup extra
Freshly ground black pepper
A handful of basil, leaves torn
100g asparagus, ends snapped off, sliced diagonally into 3cm pieces and lightly blanched
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
Extra basil to garnish