Roast lamb for dinner? Well this is the perfect recipe for lamb leftovers to work over the following few days. This hearty shepherd's pie recipe was devised to feed hardworking farmers so you can imagine how grunty and good it is!Method
- Boil and mash potatoes with a little milk, butter and seasoning. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 220C. Grease an oven pie dish or cast iron pan.
- Line the bottom of the pie dish with half the mashed potatoes like a pastry case.
- Mix together cooked meat, onion, mixed vegetables, herbs, parsley, nutmeg and tomato sauce. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Place meat mixture on top of potato mash in the dish and top with the remaining potato.
- Sprinkle it with cheese, then place bacon rashers across the potato in a lattice pattern.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and golden brown.
Tip: Serve with salad, fresh wholemeal bread or some steamed veges to create a balanced meal.