These home roasted flavoursome lamb slices will be the star of your summer spread. The beauty of a cold meat platter is to be able to prepare in advance. Great to take to a potluck too.Method
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Mix garlic, shallots, oil, cumin seeds, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the spice paste all over the lamb
- Brown the lamb all over on a barbeque, grill or fry-pan, about 2 minutes each side.
- Roast the lamb in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Transfer lamb to a plate, cover with foil, and let cool to room temperature. Then refrigerate until chilled, for 1 hour or longer.
- Meanwhile, place yogurt, coriander, lime juice, jalapeños, gherkins, anchovies, and a generous amount of black pepper in a food processor and process until smooth, about 30 seconds. Season with salt.
- Thinly slice the lamb and arrange on a serving platter. Sprinkle with flakey salt and garnish with extra coriander. Serve with yoghurt sauce and pita bread.