This is the perfect warming Moroccan style meal served with couscous. Substantial and satisfying, yet light feel.
Prep Time : 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
500g Pure South Cap Off Lamb Rump, diced
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
300g kumara, cut into small chunks
1 red capsicum, deseeded and sliced
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp Moroccan Ras El Hanout
1 ½ cups boiling water
1 tbsp tomato paste
8-10 Medjool dates, cut in half and pit removed
2 tbsp fresh coriander
2 tbsp pomegranate seeds, optional, to garnish
1 box couscous
A handful slivered almonds, toasted
- Heat the oil in a tagine or a large pan, add the onion and lamb, then quickly fry until the lamb is lightly browned.
- Add the kumara, capsicum and spices, then mix well. Pour in 1 ½ cup boiling water and the tomato paste, then bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until kumara and lamb are tender, add the dates and continue to cook for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with coriander and pomegranate seeds.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to the packet instructions.
- Serve the tagine with couscous topped with almonds.